Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Series?

As I said in my last post, I've got a back log of a few recent paintings.  All of them were commissions and I'm stoked on how all of them came out.

This one is called Undertow (for now).  I started it as a painting for my friend Frances, and as soon as I was finished with my first session, I knew it was going to be a bit too dark (in feeling).  But, I was really enjoying how it was shaping up, so I just went for it and decided to paint Fran a new one.

 Here's the new one.  A bit lighter feeling and a lot more feminine.  I'm really happy with how it came out and I hope she likes it too!

This last one was done for one of my roommates as a Christmas present.  His friend's spirit animal is the bison and I jumped at the opportunity to paint one.  I'm currently spending Christmas with Casey and her family in Colorado, and looking at this painting now seems so much more relevant.

Happy Holidays!!!

2 comments:

celia said...

Merry Christmas to you, Casey and her family.

You are very versatile. Frances and your roommate's friend should be very happy with their gifts.

I am glad you continued with your first one, just shows your terrific imagination and your ability to paint it.

Keep up the passion.

Dennis said...

I love the new paintings. Wishing you and Casey a Kung Hee Fat Choy January 23rd.