Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Continuing with my current infatuation with birds of prey, I've painted a couple more.  I'm super stoked with both of these and happy to say that they both had some viewing time with the public.

Norhter Goshawk, 24" x 36", oil on canvas.  Recently, I had a few of my paintings hanging at the Ian Ross Gallery as part of their group show for Keep Tahoe Blue.  This was the last one I painted before they got on the walls.

Osprey.  28" x 36", oil on canvas.  This one was a commission and probably one of my favorites.  

Speaking of birds, I saw this crow the other day hanging out on the landing of my neighbors stairs.  I caught this show right before I scared it off, trying to get a cool in-flight shot.  Didn't get that one..


1 comment:

celia said...

Jon, these are terrific!!! Actually I am loving all your paintings of your birds. How you are able to paint so realistically as well as show motion is incredible. I can't wait to see more.

It is difficult catching birds taking off, however I do like your composition of the crow.

Smiles, mom