Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trader Joe's Mural

So, for the past few weeks I've been working on a large mural of my beloved Stockton for Traders Joe's.  After hours in the basement, which I lovingly nicknamed "The Dungeon," I finished and it is up!  Here's a few pics of it.

This is left panel.  It is 4x6 ft and shows Burns Tower on the Pacific campus and part of the downtown.  

Here's the middle panel.  It is 4x4 ft and shows the downtown theater dome.  

And finally the last and largest panel.  It is 4x8 ft and shows the Haggin Museum and the Stockton Hotel.  All of these are acrylic on wood panel.

Up in the store for hopefully a long time!  I am so stoked that I finished it and am really happy with the end piece.  I wasn't in town when they put it up, but the crew says that its been getting a lot of attention this past weekend.  If you're in the area you should check it out!

No comments: