Monday, June 30, 2008

L&L Mural

This past weekend the kind folks at the Stockton L&L let me paint on their walls. It was a great experience and I learned a lot . . . mainly how to paint on a ladder and not fall down.

This is what the wall looked like before I started. I'm told it is a 4x30 ft wall. Oh, and sorry about the poor quality photos. The incoming light kind of messed things up. Anyway, it looks orange in this picture, the wall color is actually a rich a yellow, yellow-orange.



Here's the painting. I think it suits the vibe and feel of an L&L. Good thing I ate at L&L everyday when I worked at Cold Stone in high school. I worked on it for 8 hours last night and about 4.5 hours today.


Here is a little better shot of the flowers. It was a cool experienced painting it, especially during the open hours of the restaurant. I got a number of compliments by surprisingly all Pacific Islanders. There were some dudes from Samoa, a couple from Fiji and a lady from Hawaii.

So, not that they read this, but cheers to Terry and his wife for letting me do my first on-the-wall painting and for feeding me some ono grinds.

No comments: