Monday, March 26, 2012

First of the year?

Well, moving and getting settled seemed to take a bit longer (if only mentally) than I thought.  This isn't the first painting I've done since we've moved, but it's definitely the first that I'm happy to post about.  

It's the largest painting I've tackled (36x48 inches) and it was hugely intimidating to start.  But after a few weeks of working on it and letting myself be spontaneous and paint over parts I had just painted, I'm super happy with how it came out and is proudly hanging in the apartment.  


Tomorrow I'm stretching some more canvas and hopefully getting to work on more paintings.  In the meantime, I'm going to be working on a detailed drawing for my chef buddy who cooked Casey and I an amazing dinner to celebrate being together for four years.  It was one of the best, if not THE best, dining experience I've had...so I've got a lot of work ahead of me.  

4 comments:

celia said...

Congratulations for 2 reasons:
You and Casey, yay!
An amazing painting and your largest painting.
I am very pleased! love, mom

lex said...

I love it! I hope we can see it next time we come into the city.

EMT said...

Sweet painting!
And happy (belated) anniversary!

Dennis said...

Love the painting! Four years! Wow! Congratulation! Have a wonderful month!!!!! Dad